1/26/12

Patience for the Inevitable?

How could I get used to it like that?  It just kept happening over and over again.  The first few times I cried, and struggled desperately, but my fate wouldn't give way no matter what I decided to do.  Whether it was to talk to this guy and say this thing, or do this only at this time, I was always met with the same ending, if not given a slight change just before. 
After that, I stopped trying.  It was my first loop, or cycle, and of course I had no clue what I needed to do or what I needed to say.  I felt like I wasn't good enough for whatever was keeping me here.  Reminds me, I did a few things I could even now call insane back then.  When I knew the ending was coming, I would do something funny to me or odd to everyone else on the last day, just as a sick joke.  I remember one time I kept all of the passes to go to the bathroom and all of the money I was given for food, and on the last day I used them all up and laughed to myself as I bought a pocket watch. 
Why a pocket watch?  Who knows?  I will admit there was a mental break down, or "falling out", after I woke up a few weeks earlier.  I stopped doing those things, but sort of drifted since then to just go with the flow and end up where I was going to end up.  That was, of course, until I got tired of dying again and again and decided to do something.  It took me quite a while to break free, but I did; only to find that I only tumbled the first wall, but it was progress none-the-less.
After all that, I didn't know what to do, really.  I just decided from that point on to solve all of my problems over and over, helping other people out with their problems time and time again.  It became tedious at some points, but what's really two hours to an entire year or two?  And through it all I found a way to set aside an hour, go to a shop, and buy a pocket watch.  Every cycle had one, and one that looked very similar to the last.  I found that both comfortable and frightening, but it has become the symbol of my journey:  A small, but strong circle of time, where the beginning and the ending are always the same point.

No comments:

Post a Comment