12/26/11

Another Consecutive Day of Waxing

"You can't leave just yet," she interrupted.  "You aren't nearly close enough to recovered."
"I feel fine," I said.  "I was just a little tired."
"Usually people who are 'just a little tired' don't pass out in the middle of the woods."
"True," I couldn't argue there, "but I should be fine, right?"
"Not entierly."  She seemed to feel for my situation, but I was sure that didn't mean much in here since she doesn't call the shots.  "I'm not the best when it comes to health and medicine, but I hope you will trust my diagnosis for now."
"I guess I have no reason to doubt you," I gave in, "then again, I just met you a minute ago."
"Oh, yes, that's right.  Please excuse my rudeness," she spoke as flawlessly as I would expect a maid to.  "My name is Mimisae Ladren.  I am the direct maid to the mistress of this estate."
"I'm Jeremy Lawson, a priest in training at the shrine in the village."  I felt formal just talking to her; it's been a while since I was able to.  "Sounds like quite an interesting name.  I might even call it exotic."
"One of the mistress' gave it to me when I was taken into their care," she explained.
I knew this was going down a personal road, so I changed the subject.  "So, exactly were on the estate am I?  And are any of the mistresses around?"
"We are on the second of three stories, in the housing wing for servants.  My apologies, the guest rooms are unavailable at this time."  She nodded her head down in a slight bow.
"No no, it's fine," I said, "I'm not picky."
She had an almost ever-present and small smile on her face, but I could tell she felt a little better at me saying this.  "As for the mistress and her friends, most of them are asleep.  Only myself and the rest of the maids are awake to my knowladge."
"Ah... Well, thank you anyway."  I started to look more detialed around the room.  I don't see any use for this room other than to be here.  The only two pieces of furnature is the couch I was sleeping on, a very nice one at that, and a changing blind on the far side of the room in the corner, next to the windows on my left.  It's a very nice room; feels like one of those old mansions from Europe in the colonial age or something along those lines.  I never was really adept in that subject, but I think I'm right.
"Oh, pardon me if I'm intruding any," she said realizing how much time I've been silent.
"Not at all."  A certain thought came to my mind, though.  "Do you have anything I could eat or drink?"
"Yes, please wait for a minute while I get something."  She promptly turned around and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment