12/26/11

Teal and Red Wheel

It was festive, there's no doubt about that; so festive, actually, that is gave of that aura even to the outside air, which was thick with rain.  Maybe two or three days after that incident with Apex, and then after Lance was finally able to organize his second house (which was used for storage only until now) so people could walk in it, we moved over half of the things someplace else and decided to have a little party.  Many people I didn't know were there, but it's always nice to meet new people, especially if you're going to be a new priest.
Soro wrapped his arm around me and told me to be prepared for bigger parties at the shrine sometime in the future, though he sounded pretty foreboding about it.  As long as I'm not pressured into any drinking games I think I'll be fine.  I don't drink, especially at my age.  No one minds, but they said I'll come around sooner or later.
I had one of those moments when the merriment isn't at its highest, but still in full swing, and you get that sudden urge for a moment of peaceful solitude.  I found my opportunity and slipped out to the front of the building, which was sort of half open.  I felt bliss at that moment, when my entire body felt a wave of warmth within itself.  I leaned against the wall near the door and looked out into the rain.  It was so thick that the grey color it gave everything faded the distance out.
I took a sip of water, and something caught my eye outside.  When I looked I saw a girl.  She was... maybe my age.  She looked younger than me.  She was walking through the rain slowly.  I could see she had a blank face, but her hair blocked out her eyes, and the rain and scene made her seem sad.  Another thing, which would have seemed more odd to me, but surprised me greatly instead, was that she had two brown horns coming straight outward of either side of her head, like rounded branches. 
I wanted to call out to her, but something told me that wouldn't be the best idea.  The horns made me more interested than anything, and made me want to call out even more, but I decided to listen to my instincts again and leave her be for the time.  She vanished out of sight after a minute, and I sat there thinking to myself with a feeling in my head of emptiness.
After another minute, Lance came to find me and drag me back to the party.  It was the most fun I'd had up to then, and I wasn't even challenged to a dual by Ruu, which seemed to be a pretty nice set-up for what was about to happen in the next few days.  I wonder how she'll react to it.  I can't wait!

2 comments: